White Cheddar Bechemel Sauce
Make this Tonight - "4/20 Highly Delicious Smashburger!"
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 bay leaf
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ pound shredded white cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir to incorporate and form
- a roux. Continue to stir until roux is a blonde color, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, and bay leaf. Cook, stirring often, until onion and garlic are soft and lightly caramelized, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add milk and whisk to incorporate.
- Add salt, and cook until sauce has reduced and no floury taste remains, about 20 minutes.
- Whisk cheese into sauce.