Make this Tonight - "Classic Italiano"
- 1/2 C Arborio Rice
- Chicken Stock
- 6 Saffron Threads
- 2 leeks (just the white part sliced)
- White Wine
- Start with butter in the pan over medium heat, being careful not to burn it
- Add the leeks and saute until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the rice and toast for about 1 minute, add warm stock to the pan, just covering the rice and allow it to absorb/ evaporate.
- Once the pan looks dry add the white wine, and wait for it to absorb/ evaporate.
- Add the saffron to a small mixing bowl and add about 1 C of hot stock to it, allow it to bleed its color and flavor - when the pan looks dry add this mixture and more stock as needed.
- Repeat adding stock until the rice is cooked through (about 7 steps total) finish with 1/2 stick butter and some Parmigiano cheese.