- Vegetable oil for frying
- Pre-cooked and chilled saffron risotto
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Plain breadcrumbs
- Scamorza Cheese, cubed
- Cooked Guanciale
- Parsley, chopped
- Parsley sprigs for garnish
- Over medium heat, bring a pot of vegetable oil to 350 degrees.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the cooked risotto to the beaten egg. Remove and allow excess to fall off.
- In the palm of your hand, flatten the rice and fill with 1-2 pieces of guanciale, a few cubes of scamorza, tomato paste, chopped parsley and a sprinkling of pecorino. Enclose the center filling with rice.
- Roll the ball around in the breadcrumbs and set into the fryer. Fry until golden brown.
- Once the arancini are cooked, drop a few sprigs of parsley into the oil. Allow to fry for a few seconds and remove.
- Garnish arancini with parsley.