Nonno’s Lamb chops and Mashed “Potatoes”
Make this Tonight - "Sunday Supper"
- Rack of lamb
- 1 celery root
- 1 russet potato
- 3/4c Dijon Mustard
- 10 cloves Garlic
- 3 sprigs Rosemary
- 1 TBSP Whole coriander seeds
- 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-2 TBSP Plain Bread crumbs
- Veal Stock (for reduction and for the potatoes)
- Grind the coriander seeds, rosemary, garlic, and some of the breadcrumbs.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, add the mustard, olive oil, salt, and more breadcrumbs if needed.
- Mix into a viscous paste. Salt and pepper the rack of lamb, then smear the mustard paste all over.
- Put on a sheet tray and into a 400º oven, fat side up for 20 min or until 130º at the center.
- Wrap the potato in foil and place in the oven as well - cook until a knife pierces it without resistance (30- 45 min)
- Reduce the veal stock until nappe, when a spoon dragged along the bottom of the pan, leave a long slowly receding streak in its wake. Set aside.
- Peel and cube the celery root and saute in the frying pan w/ grapeseed oil over medium-high heat until fragrant and color just begins to form.
- Remove the potato from the oven, slice in half and scoop out the insides, add to the pan with some of the veal stock (unreduced) and bring to a simmer.
- Use the immersion blender to create a smooth product, add 1/2 sick of butter and cream to taste - then work the whole mixture through the fine sieve, pushing it through with a ladle.
- Serve the “potato” on the plate, with the lamb chops bones crisscrossed (2-3) chops, drizzle the dressing over the lamb and the reduction over the potatoes.