- 2 cups of cooked white rice
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cups beef broth, must be made ahead if homemade
- ½ lb. ground beef (prefer 15 fat), makes 2 patties
- ¼ cup grated onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg (only plan to plate one loco moco dish)
- 1 green onion for garnish and taste
- Melt the butter in a pan (medium heat) and add the flour to thicken for about 5 min.
- Add Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix in beef broth with salt and pepper.
- Boil and reduce heat to a simmer until sauce thickens (takes about 15-20 min)
- While the gravy is thickening, make the beef patties. Grate half an onion. Mix the ground beef, onion, salt, and pepper in a bowl with hands. Divide the mixture and create 2 patties.
- Cook the patties to the desired doneness on a medium to the high heat grill pan (3 min on one side and 4 minutes on the other).
- Fry the eggs sunny-side-up. Melt 1 tbsp. butter in a non-stick pan on low heat; add egg. Cook for 2-3 minutes (cover eggs with lid optional).
- Plate the dish! Scoop rice on a plate, place the burger patty on top of rice, drizzle gravy and top with the fried egg and green onion.