- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon of chopped rosemary
- 1 orange zest
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon toasted fennel seeds
- 2 cups of mixed olives
- 1 cup of provolone cheese
- Pinch salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- In a medium bowl add the vinegar and the sugar along with the garlic, the herbs, the zests, the salt and pepper, and fennel seeds.
- Whisk everything and add the oil while whisking.
- Add the olives and the cheese.
- Cover the bowl with plastic and let it sit from 1h at room temperature up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.