Make this Tonight - "The Italian Street Sandwich"
- 2 cups rapini with the 2 inches of the stem taken off
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Calabrian chili paste
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan.
- Add the rapini.
- Let it sweat for 3-4 minutes, continually moving it.
- Add the garlic and the Calabrian chili paste and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the water and lower the flame.
- Place a lid on top of the pan and let it cook until the stems are soft (approximately 7-8 minutes depending on the size of the stems).
- Set aside.