Somen Noodle Salad
Make this Tonight - "Somen-y Noodles!"
- 1 pkg somen noodles
- 1 cucumber, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 head green lettuce, chopped thin
- 1 egg, fried and sliced into strips
- CHAR SIU ( see recipe below), cut into thin strips
- 1 kamaboko (fishcake – typically pink and white), sliced thin
- 1 Green onion, chopped
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
- ¾ cup vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 T salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 garlic, minced
- 1-2 Tablespoon sesame seeds, pulverized
- Boil somen, rinse, drain and plate (make individual swirls with a fork/chopstick on the salad to make it easier to serve and eat).
- Layer the somen with lettuce, cucumbers. Top with sliced kamaboko, ham, and egg. Sprinkle green onion over salad. Chill.
- Pulverize sesame seeds for the sauce. Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl or dressing bottle and shake and chill before serving. Pour sauce over salad when ready to devour!