- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 28 oz can San Marzano tomatoes puréed
- 4 leafs fresh basil
- 12 oz thick spaghetti (best quality available)
- 2 pinches salt
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 tablespoon freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Heat the oil with the garlic in a large sautéed pan.
- Once the oil is perfumed with the garlic, remove the garlic.
- Add the puréed tomatoes and basil and let it simmer for at least 20 minutes medium-low flame.
- In a large pot boil water and salt.
- Add the spaghetti and stir from time to time so the spaghetti don’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Drain from the water 2 minutes before their cooking point and add to the sauce.
- Marry with the sauce for a couple of minutes on low flame.
- Turn off the flame and add Parmigiano and a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and stir for 30 seconds.
- Serve and garnish with basil leaves and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano.