Braised Short Ribs
Make this Tonight - "Short Ribs-a-la-Royce"
- 6 pounds short ribs
- 2 cups AP flour
- 2 bottles of red wine
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 head garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Coat short ribs in flour, salt and pepper and brown on all sides on medium-high heat in a 6-quart dutch oven coated in olive oil.
- Remove the meat once browned and set aside, ensure to work in batches as not to overcrowd the pan.
- Saute the minced garlic and onions in olive oil in the same pan you used to brown the short ribs.
- When translucent, add the smashed garlic cloves add a healthy splash of wine to deglaze and pick up the tasty brown bits stuck to the bottom.
- Add the short ribs, herbs and remaining wine.
- Allow simmering until meat is falling off the bone toothsome and tender, about 1 ½-2 hours.