- 6 large carrots
- 3 pounds of fingerling potatoes
- 1 bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large stockpot, boil potatoes and carrots until fork-tender but still firm.
- Drain the vegetables and dry them completely.
- Cut potatoes in half longwise and chop into ¼ inch slices, carrots cut the same way.
- Sear the vegetables in a large saute pan coated with olive oil on medium-high heat until crisp and golden brown.
- Add in the rough herbs and scallions and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, sugar, and vinegar vigorously until emulsified.
- Toss vegetable and herb mix with vinaigrette.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.