- 4 Liters Basic Dashi
- 300g Light Miso (Chickpea)
- 200g 3 YR Barley Miso
- 1# Manilla Clams
- 12oz Firm Tofu
- 1 bunch Scallions
- 4 Liters Filtered Water
- 28 grams Kombu
- 28 grams Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
- 60 grams Bonito Flakes
- Combine dashi, light miso and barley miso in a large saucepan and blend with a hand blender.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and add manilla clams. Allow cooking for about a minute.
- Add cubed tofu and sliced scallions.
- Allow to warm through and serve.
- In a medium-sized stockpot over high heat bring the kombu, shiitake, and water to 140 degrees Fahrenheit and hold that temperature steady for one hour.
- Remove shiitake and kombu and reserve for pickles.
- Add bonito flakes and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Strain through a fine strainer, pressing solids to get maximum flavor.