- 1 ½ pound Nueske bacon
- 2 pounds of pork bones
- 2 onions, halved and bruleed
- 15 grams garlic, peeled and bruleed
- 1 leek, halved and bruleed
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, chopped and bruleed
- 1- 1 ½ liters chicken broth, enough to cover the rest of the ingredients
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roast bacon and pork bones in the oven for 60 minutes until browned but not charred.
- Add bones, bacon and bruleed vegetables to pot, fill with chicken broth enough to cover the contents of the pot.
- Cook overnight (at least 12 hours) covered in an oven set at 210 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Strain the stock and reduce again in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced by half.