Chopped Mediterranean Salad with Jalapeno and Avocado
Make this Tonight - "Mexican: Recipes from a Tasty Traveler"
- Salad Ingredients:
- 4 Persian cucumbers, roughly chopped into 1/2 cubes
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, roughly chopped
- ½ med seeded jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried mint
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heaping tablespoons pickled jalapenos
- 2 heaping tablespoons pickled onions
- ½ avocado, sliced into half moon pieces
- Combine all the vegetables in a medium salad serving bowl. Add lemon juice, oil, and all dressing spices directly to bowl and gently toss until evenly combined.
- Garnish the top with mounds of the avocado, pickled onion, and pickled jalapenos.