Santa Barbara Bananas
Make this Tonight - "Chicken Casserole for the Soul"
- 2 cups heavy whipped cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup Japanese brown sugar
- 4 bananas, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Whip cream until it just forms peak but not overly stiff. Fold in sour cream until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saute pan. Once melted add the bananas and saute on medium-high heat until they begin caramelizing. Add ½ cup sugar and cayenne pepper and a pinch of salt to taste.
- When bananas are at the desired consistency spoon onto a plate, top with whipped cream and sprinkle the remaining sugar over the top. Serve.