Make this Tonight - "Sicilian-Style Pesto Pasta, Eggplant Parm and Fennel Salad"
- 2 heads fennel, thinly sliced
- 3 blood oranges
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large spoon of pitted Castelvetrano olives, smashed
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Soak fennel and red onions in ice water for 15 minutes. Dry completely.
- Supreme the oranges and squeeze the juice out of the remainder of the orange and reserve.
- In a small bowl whisk together the reserved orange juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss fennel with dressing.
- To assemble the salad put oranges on the bottom of a plate. Top with fennel, onions, and olives.