Make this Tonight - "Shabbat, Shalom!"
- 1 cup raw tahini
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- Ice water
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1 small garlic clove, grated or minced
- Pour the raw tahini into a medium bowl and add the lemon juice.
- Mix with a fork or whisk until the color turns a shade lighter. That texture may become weird and lumpy; don’t worry this is okay.
- Gradually whisk in about ½ cup water will make a thick dip; whisk in another ¼ cup or so to make a thinner sauce, if you’d like.
- Keep tinkering with water, lemon juice, and tahini until you get the consistency and flavor you like.
- Whisk in the salt and garlic.
- Taste and adjust your seasonings.