Tomato Sauce for Meatballs
Make this Tonight - "Not Your Average Lasagna, Meatball and Side Salad Night"
- 1 16oz. can San Marzano Tomatoes, milled in a food mill
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Garlic
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chili Flake, to taste
- In a large saute pan over medium heat coated with olive oil, sweat the garlic in the olive oil until it just starts to brown.
- Add chili flakes and oregano. Allow these ingredients to infuse the oil for a couple of minutes.
- Add the milled tomatoes along with 1 quart of water.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste