Red pepper and Chili Tahini Sauce
Make this Tonight - "Food from an Iraqi Childhood"
- 2 large red bell peppers, roasted, cored, seeded and peeled
- 1 medium Fresno or other medium-hot fresh, red chilies, roasted, cored, seeded and peeled
- 1 cup (240 ml) raw tahini
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice, plus more if needed
- 1 medium garlic clove, finely grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- ½ cup ice water
- Put the bell pepper and chilies in a food processor or a blender, add the tahini, lemon juice, and garlic and puree until completely smooth.
- Add the honey, paprika, & salt. Pulse again until to blend.
- With motor running, slowly stream in the ice water and process until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Store in airtight container for up to 3 days.