Gnocchi Cacio e Pepe with Miso
Make this Tonight - "I Did It All For Gnocchi"
- 10 Russet potatoes, baked, peeled and cooled
- 2 cups 00 pasta flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound butter
- 4 cups + garnish pecorino cheese, microplaned
- 2 pounds dark red Akiamiso Soybean paste
- Black pepper
- Rice the cooled and peeled potatoes through a food mill.
- Mix and fold potatoes with the flour and eggs. Combine to form a dough and shape into a ball. Let dough rest 2-3 hours.
- Roll and shape the dough into gnocchi.
- Cook the gnocchi in salted water until they float or until they have reached al dente consistency.
- Once the gnocchi is al dente add to a hot saute pan with butter.
- Add the pecorino and miso and emulsify to make a sauce.
- Finish with fresh cracked black pepper.