- 520 grams AP flour
- 180 grams cold butter
- 20 grams baking powder
- 14 grams salt
- 10 grams sugar
- 180 grams buttermilk
- 180 grams whole milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix butter into the flour, breaking it up into roughly 1⁄2 inch chunks.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix gently to form a dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and roll out into a rectangle. Fold in half, turn, and repeat 2 more times. Take care to make sure you make as close to a perfect rectangle as possible so the biscuits rise properly.
- Roll out to 3⁄4 of an inch thick and cut with a knife into 15 evenly sized squares.
- Brush with egg wash made with an egg and a splash of heavy cream.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, rotating them halfway through the cooking.
- Once cooked brush with melted butter and season with maldon salt, to taste.