- 3-4 lbs beef chuck stew meat
- 2 Cups flour
- 2 bottles red wine
- 2 yellow onions
- 1 head of garlic
- 8 carrots
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut beef into 1 inch cubes, toss with flour and salt and pepper until thoroughly coated, sear in small batches in dutch oven until browned on all sides. Set aside on a plate.
- Add rough chopped onions and garlic to pot with more oil and saute until translucent, add a couple of good splashes of wine and stir to deglaze.
- Add meat and remaining wine. Simmer for 1 ½ hours.
- Add carrots cut in rounds and half rounds at the thickets parts and cook an additional 30 minutes or until the meat is fork-tender.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and olive oil to taste.