Make this Tonight - " Iconic Persian Lamb Stew"
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3 cups boiling water
- Rinse rice until water runs clear. Drain and let dry for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the oil in non-stick pan and heat at medium heat.
- Add the rice and cumin seeds and saute just until most of the grains turn opaque 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt and boiling water, give it a good stir, reduce heat to low, cover with a tight-fitting lid
- Cook for 18 minutes (Do not stir or open the pot while cooking).
- After 18 minutes turn off heat and let rice sit for 5 more minutes in the covered pot.
- Fluff with a fork and serve at once.