- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound jalapenos, charred whole and then sliced 2 tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon chili flake
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Place the jalapenos and the onions in a large bowl.
- Place the vinegar, salt, sugar, mustard seeds, chili flake, cinnamon stick, cloves, ground clove and turmeric in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Whisk to combine and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once boiled pour the liquid over the jalapenos and onions and allow to soak for at least a day.