Cubano Monte Christo
Make this Tonight - "The Count of Monte Cristo goes to Cuba"
- 5 tablespoons softened butter
- 4-5 slices country ham
- 4-5 slices swiss cheese
- 4-5 slices pork mojo
- 6 slices brioche bread
- Clarified butter for frying
- Butter all slices of bread.
- Neatly lay down the ham.
- Follow with cheese.
- Place a piece of buttered bread, butter side up, on top of the cheese.
- Add the pork mojo in the same manner.
- Place the last slice of bread on top of the sandwich, butter side down.
- Neatly trim the crusts, cut in half on the diagonal, and pack neatly away between parchment sheets.
- Carefully batter each half of the sandwich individually. Allow to sit in batter to fully soak in.
- Add a small ladle of clarified butter to a hot cast iron pan and carefully toast each side of the bread. Do not flip until a full golden crust has formed.
- Remove the sandwich from the pan and fry at 350 degrees until it is golden brown and the cheese inside is fully melted.
- Remove from oil and drain well.