- Large heavy duty pot filled with vegetable oil
- 8 Large black tiger shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 3 Shitake mushrooms
- 3 slices kabocha squash
- 1 Japanese eggplant
- 2 spring onion
- 2 shiso leaves
- 1 egg
- 6.5 oz ice cold water
- 8 oz sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c dashi
- 3 T Mirin
- 3 T. soy sauce
- 2 T. sugar
- Heat oil to 350 F.
- Prepare shrimp and vegetables.
- Dip pieces individually into prepared batter.
- Fry larger pieces first then smaller.
- Remove once light golden brown.
- Let oil drain off on paper towels or wire rack.
- Serve with sauce.
- Make batter, mix egg and water then mix flour into liquid (don't over mix, its ok to leave some clumps).
- Make sauce by heating all ingredients in sauce pan, then cool.