- 8 ounce center cut beef filet
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon English mustard
- 2 ounces black truffle puree
- 10”x8” sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a hot frying pan lightly sear the seasoned beef filet on all sides. Chill in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Roll out 2ft of plastic wrap on a countertop. Lay down the prosciutto uniformly over the plastic and evenly spread a layer of the truffle puree on top.
- Remove the filet from the freezer and liberally brush all over with the mustard.
- Roll the filet in the prosciutto and continue to wrap the plastic around to make a cylindrical shape, put in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl and set aside.
- Unwrap the filet from the plastic. Lay out the sheet of pastry and brush the sides with the egg wash. Lay the filet down in the middle of the pastry.
- With the edge closest to you, wrap the pastry around and trim and crimp the edges, brush liberally and with the egg wash.
- Place in the oven and bake for 26 minutes. Remove and allow to rest for 5 minutes.