- ¾ cup matzo meal, plus extra for dredging
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons Salt
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- In a large bowl mix the matzo meal, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, oil, and dill.
- Add the egg mixture to the matzo meal mixture, combine and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate and for 30 minutes to an hour.
- In a large stockpot bring 4 quarts of water to a boil and season generously with salt. Using a spoon, scoop small amounts of dough mixture, about the size of a nickel, and roll the scoops into balls and place into boiling water.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes. Remove the cooked balls with a slotted spoon, repeating the cooking process as many times as needed to use the entire mix. Let the cooked matzo balls cool and drain over kitchen towels.
- Heat ¼ Cup of vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet until it has reached 350F.
- Place the eggs and the remaining matzo meal in separate shallow dishes. Take the cooked matzo balls and coat them in the egg, then the matzo meal.
- Transfer them to fry in the skillet until they are golden brown on all sides. Agitate the pan, adding more oil as needed. Multiple rounds may be needed to fry all the matzo balls.
- Remove from the oil to drain onto a plate covered with a paper towel and season immediately.