- 3/4 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 3/4 cup emmentaler cheese
- 1/2 cup brie cheese, rind removed
- 2 ½ tablespoons flour
- 1 clove of garlic, quartered
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the three cheeses and toss with the flour.
- In a deep heavy bottomed pot with high sides, add the garlic and wine. Heat over medium heat until hot, but not boiling. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Add a handful of cheese at a time to the wine mixture, stirring constantly and not adding more cheese until the previous has melted, bubbling gently and has the appearance of a light creamy sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.