Make this Tonight - "Deep Fried Jewish"
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1 cubes
- 3 medium garnet yams
- ½ cup dried apricots
- ½ cup pitted chopped dates
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Zest of one orange
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil, and lower heat to medium.
- Add the sweet potatoes in their skins, and cook for 20 minutes. Add the carrots after 10 minutes.
- Strain, and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Peel sweet potatoes, and cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl along with carrots and remaining ingredients.
- Mix well, and transfer to a 2-quart baking dish.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes, basting with pan juices after 15 minutes.