- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 lime, zested
- 1 teaspoon Lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Montana Mex Jalapeño seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a wide mouth jar, stir cream and buttermilk together.
- Loosely set lid on jar or cover with a dry clean towel or cheesecloth. Place jar somewhere in the kitchen that holds a nice and steady room temperature of approx. 70* F.
- Crema should sit for 12 hours for cultures to activate.
- At this point, you will notice that your Crema has thickened, and this means it is alive!
- Stir in, the lime zest, juice, jalapeño seasoning and salt. It takes about an hour for the dry seasoning to bloom or open up with its flavor. From here forward you can use as needed or refrigerate for up to 10 days.
- Refrigerating the Crema will also assist in it thickening as some like a thicker Crema than others.
- To purchase Montana Mex oils and spices, check out MontanaMex.com