Jalapeno and Lime Crema
Make this Tonight - "Empanadas For Everyone"
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 lime, zested
- 1 teaspoon Lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Montana Mex Jalapeño seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a wide mouth jar, stir cream and buttermilk together.
- Loosely set lid on jar or cover with a dry clean towel or cheesecloth. Place jar somewhere in the kitchen that holds a nice and steady room temperature of approx. 70* F.
- Crema should sit for 12 hours for cultures to activate.
- At this point, you will notice that your Crema has thickened, and this means it is alive!
- Stir in, the lime zest, juice, jalapeño seasoning and salt. It takes about an hour for the dry seasoning to
- bloom or open up with its flavor.
- From here forward you can use as needed or refrigerate for up to 10 days.
- Refrigerating the Crema will also assist in it thickening as some like a thicker Crema than others.
- To purchase Montana Mex oils and spices, check out MontanaMex.com