- ½ pound wild mushrooms, fresh, cleaned, dried, cut to size
- ½ each Shallot, quartered and sliced
- 1 each Garlic cloves, minced
- A few Chives, chopped, or Chive blossoms
- 1-1 ½ Tablespoons Montana Mex Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- A splash of White Wine
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Montana Mex Jalapeno seasoning, to taste
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 pieces of crusty bread, grilled
- In a cast iron or sauté pan over med-hi heat add Montana Mex Extra Virgin Avocado Oil and sauté the Morels for approx 1 min.
- Add the shallot and cook for an additional 1 min.
- Add the garlic and stir the mushrooms and garlic for no more than 20 seconds as this is just enough to release that fresh garlic flavor.
- Add white wine and reduce by half. Add Cream and reduce by half. Remove Morel cream from the heat and season with Montana Mex Jalapeno seasoning.
- Salt and fresh cracked Pepper to taste.
- Cool and hold for up to a day (re-heat gently before serving) or serve immediately.
- To serve: Spoon Morel cream over grilled crusty bread and garlic with chopped chives and or chive blossoms if you’re lucky enough to have these in hand.
- To purchase Montana Mex oils and spices, check out MontanaMex.com.