- 1 pound rigatoni
- ½ pound herb or Italian elk sausages cut into ½” pieces
- 1 pint plum tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 2 cloves Garlic sliced
- ⅛ cup Montana Mex Avocado oil
- 1 cup Montana Mex Habanero sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Montana Mex Jalapeño seasoning
- Bring pot of water to boil.
- Add pasta and give a good stir immediately after adding.
- While pasta boils, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat; add oil.
- Add sausage and cook for 5 min. Move Sausage to side of pan.
- Add and cook garlic while stirring for 20-30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes to center of pan and stir to evenly incorporate.
- Add habanero sauce and bring sauce to a simmer.
- Check seasoning and adjust as needed. For an extra bite, add a sprinkle of Jalapeño seasoning.
- Strain rigatoni and add to sauce. Stir and simmer for just under a minute.
- Serve with a generous dollop of pesto.
- To purchase Montana Mex oils and spices, check out MontanaMex.com.