Rigatoni A La Vodka with Elk Sausage
Make this Tonight - "Wild for Rigatoni!"
- 1 pound rigatoni
- ½ pound herb or Italian elk sausages cut into ½” pieces
- 1 pint plum tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 2 cloves Garlic sliced
- ⅛ cup Montana Mex Avocado oil
- 1 cup Montana Mex Habanero sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Montana Mex Jalapeño seasoning
- Bring pot of water to boil. Add a cook pasta and give a good stir immediately after adding.
- While pasta boils, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add oil. Add Sausage and cook
- for 5 min. Move Sausage to side of pan. Add and cook Garlic while stirring for 20-30 seconds.
- Add Tomatoes to center of pan and stir to evenly incorporate. Add Habanero sauce and bring
- sauce to a simmer.
- Check seasoning and adjust as needed. For an extra bite add a sprinkle of Jalapeño seasoning. Strain Rigatoni and add to sauce. Stir and simmer for just under a minute.
- Serve with a generous dollop of pesto.
- To purchase Montana Mex oils and spices, check out MontanaMex.com