Orange Blossom Cookies
Make this Tonight - "Egg Yolk Raviolo with Whipped Ricotta"
- 50g Honey
- 120g egg whites, room temperature
- 1g almond extract
- 5g orange blossom water
- 5g rose water
- 1 orange, zest
- 6g salt
- 400g almond flour
- 200g sugar + 1/2 cup extra for dredge
- 1 cup sliced almonds, finely crushed
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Heat honey to 245F.
- While honey is heating, slowly whip the egg whites, orange blossom and rose waters, salt, and almond extract to soft peaks in a stand mixer, 5 minutes.
- You can tell you’ve developed soft peaks by turning over your whisk.
- There should be a definite peak shape, but it melts back into the mix after a few seconds.
- Turn mixer to high, and stream in honey to egg white mixture.
- Continue whipping on high until cools to room temperature, 2-5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine orange zest, almond flour, and sugar.
- Switch mixer to paddle and add the almond flour mixture in two even batches.
- Mix on medium until just combined, scraping down the size, 1-2 minutes.
- In a shallow bowl, combine crushed sliced almond and ½ cup of sugar.
- Scoop level 1.5 oz scoops of the cookies into the almond sugar mix and roll around, pressing to adhere.
- Roll the covered scoops in your hands to round smooth balls and flatten slightly.
- Place onto parchment evenly spaced. Use your thumb and press down on the center of the cookie to make an indent/thumbprint
- Bake at 325F for 10-14 minutes until just barely browning around the edges.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container