Make this Tonight - "Passover Brisket for The People"
- 1 brisket tip
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 5 quarts beef stock
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 50 grams ginger
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup red verjus
- 4-star anise
- Chervil, finely chopped
- Tarragon, finely chopped
- Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 white onion, cut in half and burned (skin on)
- 175 grams red wine vinegar
- 50 grams sugar
- 125 grams corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons beef base
- 50 grams red verjus
- Add the sugar and corn syrup to a medium-sized saucepan and turn on heat to medium-high.
- Mix sugars and allow to caramelize and begin to turn color.
- Add the red verjus and vinegar to deglaze and stir.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook on medium-low heat for about one hour, long enough for the liquid to reduce by about half and darken in color.
- Season the brisket tip with salt.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large pot on high, once hot add the brisket and sear on all sides.
- Once it is seared add in the beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, bay leaves, garlic, verjus and anise. Cover the pot with the lid and place in the oven for 3-4 hours.
- Remove from oven and slice. Serve on a platter and garnish with chervil tarragon and parsley.