Endive Salad with Beef Bacon Vinaigrette
Make this Tonight - "Freedman's: Modern Jewish Ashkenazi Classics"
- ¼ pound beef bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 ½ cups olive oil and canola blended oil
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 heads of endive, cleaned and leaves separated
- Render the bacon in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the thyme and cook.
- Once the bacon is crispy remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Add the sherry vinegar and deglaze the pan.
- Add honey and mustard and whisk to combine.
- Slowly add in the oil while whisking and emulsify.
- Add the bacon back in and fold into the vinaigrette.
- Add the endive to a bowl, toss with the vinaigrette to coat.
- Season with salt.