Make this Tonight - "Freedman's: Modern Jewish Ashkenazi Classics"
- 1600 grams potatoes, baked, peeled and shredded
- ½ cup potato starch
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon MSG
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- Combine the shredded potatoes with onion powder, salt, msg, and potato starch.
- Put the mixture into a waffle iron on a high setting.
- Cook the waffles until the outside is crisp but the inside is still slightly cool.
- Remove and allow to cool completely.
- Deep fry in oil set at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 2 minutes per side or until crispy and golden brown on the outside.
- Season with salt.