Make this Tonight - "Freedman's: Modern Jewish Ashkenazi Classics"
- 4 chicken thighs, pounded thin
- 1-quart b&b pickle brine
- 450 grams panko breadcrumbs
- 85 grams sesame seeds
- 4 grams Maldon
- ½ tablespoon ground Aleppo
- 5 whole eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- Combine the chicken thighs in a large container with the pickle brine. Allow marinating overnight.
- In a large bowl combine the panko, sesame seeds, Maldon and Aleppo. Mix well to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs and the mustard.
- Remove the chicken from the brine and let drip dry.
- Coat the chicken in the egg mixture and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Transfer the chicken to a pot of oil filled with canola oil at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fry until golden brown and the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove to drain and season with more Maldon salt.