Grilled Japanese Mackerel
Make this Tonight - "Amazing Southeast Asian Travels"
- 2 Japanese Mackerel filets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Maldon salt, to taste
- Meyer lemon juice, to taste
- ½ cup smoked almond milk (recipe follows)
- ½ cup romesco sauce (recipe follows)
- Mint leaves, picked
- Parsley leaves, picked
- Blackberry juice
- Season the mackerel with salt and place on a hot grill skin side down for about three minutes, or until cooked ¾ of the way through.
- Flip the fish and finish cooking on the opposite side, about one minute.
- Remove from grill and season with lemon juice and Maldon salt.
- Place 3 tablespoons of blackberry juice into a bowl, add smoked almond milk and top with cooked mackerel.
- Add a dollop of romesco to the plate and garnish with mint and parsley.