Tai Snapper Ceviche
Make this Tonight - "Amazing Southeast Asian Travels"
- 1 side tai snapper
- 1 tablespoon shiro dashi
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 stalks lemongrass, fine brunoise
- 1 red thai chili, brunoise
- 3 shallots, brunoise
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Jicama, sliced and punched in circles
- Thai basil leaves for garnish
- Herb oil (recipe follows)
- Kime salt (recipe follows)
- 3 kaffir limes
- 2 cups neutral oil
- 1 cup cilantro
- ½ cup parsley
- 1 kaffir lime leaf
- ½ cup
- 4 each lime leaves
- Chop the side of the fish and add it to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the Shiro dashi, lime juice, lemongrass, Thai chili, shallots, and coconut milk.
- Toss to combine.
- Plate in half coconut and garnish with jicama, Thai basil and herb oil.
- Blend oil, cilantro, parsley, and 1 kaffir lime leaf in a blender on high for 7 minutes.
- Strain the contents into a bowl places in an ice bath to cool.
- Blend the salt and 4 lime leaves in a spice grinder until fully ground and combined.