- 1 cup (95 g) white jasmine rice
- 1-inch (2.5 cm) piece of cinnamon stick
- 6 cups (1.3 L) room-temperature filtered water
- ¼ cup (50 g) cane sugar
- 1 cup (160 g) chopped ripe cantaloupe
- ½ cup (60 grams) pecans, chopped
- In a large skillet under low-medium heat, add the rice and toast, while stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 4 minutes. Let cool.
- Soak the rice and cinnamon stick in 1 cup (120 ml) of the water for 2 hours.
- Once softened, grind the rice mixture on your blender’s highest setting for at least 2 minutes until consistently smooth.
- In a large pitcher, combine the remaining 5 cups (1.2 L) of water with the sugar and stir until the sugar fully dissolves.
- Strain the blended rice mixture through a cheesecloth or double-fine-mesh strainer into the pitcher and stir.
- Serve over ice, top with the chopped cantaloupe and pecans.