- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup (35 g) chopped white onion
- 2 small tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup (190 g) jasmine rice
- Sea salt
- 1 sprig of fresh parsley
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced into rounds, for serving
- In a blender, combine 1 cup (240 ml) of water with the garlic, onion, and tomatillos. Blend until smooth and pass through a double-fine-mesh strainer. Reserve.
- Heat the oil in a 4-quart (3.8-L) saucepan over medium heat and sauté the rice in the oil for about 4 minutes. Add the blended onion water and another 1 cup (240 ml) of water. Add salt to taste and the sprig of parsley as a garnish over the rice.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer, cover, and let cook for 18 minutes or until the rice is tender. Remove from the stove and fluff the rice.
- Serve with freshly sliced ripe bananas on top.