- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups warm water
- 3 russet potatoes
- 6 cups beef tallow
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Add warm water to a medium mixing bowl, and whisk in sugar to dissolve.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch-by-1/2-inch sticks, lengthwise.
- Soak potatoes in a water mixture for 20 minutes. Remove from water and dry thoroughly on paper towels.
- Heat tallow in a pot or deep fryer to 350F.
- Add potatoes and fry until golden, 6-8 minutes.
- Drain and toss with salt and pepper to taste.