- 1 English cucumber
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the cucumber into rounds about the thickness of a nickel.
- Combine in a nonreactive bowl with the vinegar, sugar, and 1 teaspoon of the salt.
- Allow to sit for 20 to 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Drain off the cucumber liquid.
- Mix the cucumbers with the sour cream, dill, remaining 2 teaspoons salt, and the pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.