- 10 baby carrots-cleaned, blanched and cooled
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 cup snow peas, deveined and finely julienned
- 1 ½ ounce crumbled feta cheese
- 4 large mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Maldon salt
- Black pepper
- 1 cup smoked full-fat Greek yogurt
- In a saute pan lightly coated with olive oil on medium-high heat, lightly sear off the carrots, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the honey, remaining 1 tsp lemon juice, and butter. Remove, drain and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl toss the snow peas, feta, torn mint leaves, a drizzle of olive oil, salt to taste, and black pepper to taste.
- To serve: Place mixture over the yogurt. Place 4-5 carrots on top. Finish with Maldon salt.
- Place the yogurt in a wider shallower container (this way the smoke flavor incorporates faster), place that container in a larger container, place a small handful of woodchips in a foil bowl, light on fire… allow to burn and then blow out, creating the smoke.
- Place the bowl of chips in the larger container next to the one holding the yogurt.
- Cover the entire vessel with foil tightly.
- Allow to sit for 20 min, stir, and then repeat until the smoke flavor is to your liking
- To serve: Spread ¼ cup of the yogurt on each of the plates.