Make this Tonight - "More Stuff than Greens Salad "
- 2.25-2.50 pound whole chicken, innards removed
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temp
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 bunch parsley stems
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 half lemon
- 1 head garlic, split horizontally
- 1 shallot, split in half
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. If possible, to ensure the chicken skin is dry and will end up crispy; do this the day before and leave uncovered in the refrigerator to dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the soft butter with the lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley and salt to taste. Spread evenly under the chicken’s skin on the breast meat.
- Season the cavity of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the garlic, shallot, thyme, rosemary, and parsley stems in the cavity of the chicken.
- Squeeze half the lemon’s juice inside and use the lemon itself to plug the cavity of the chicken, holding all the contents inside.
- Rub the oil all over the outside of the chicken, truss accordingly after. Salt and pepper the entire chicken on the outside.
- Place on a grill sheet lined sheet tray, roast in oven for 50-60 minutes or until done and skin in golden brown and the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Allow to cool slightly so it is cool enough to handle.