- Almond Panna Cotta:
- 1 cup sliced almonds, skin on
- 1 quart almond milk
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 5 gelatin sheets (silver)
- 2 cups water, room temperature
- 1 large Asian pear
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 12 tablespoons marshmallow creme
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the almonds on a baking sheet, and spread them in an even layer. Toast in the oven until they are all dark brown, about 10 minutes. Combine the burnt almonds, almond milk and sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat. After it comes to a boil, remove it off the heat and allow it to steep in the refrigerator overnight.
- Strain the almond milk the next day into a small pot, and bring it to a simmer. Bloom the gelatin sheets in 2 cups of room temperature water. After it’s rehydrated, squeeze the extra water out. Melt the gelatin into the almond milk and pour it into 6 small bowls. Refrigerate for 2 hours to set the almond panna cotta.
- To serve, leave the skin on the Asian pear and slice them into half-moon shapes. Toss the Asian pear with the lemon juice, then spoon it over one side of the almond panna cotta. Place 2 tablespoons of marshmallow creme next to the pears, and torch the marshmallow creme a little before serving.