- 1 lb raw medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- ½ cup English peas, shucked
- 4 tablespoons Shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- Salt, to taste
- 1 lemon, zest
- Rinse and clean the shrimp under running water, then pat dry. In a mixing bowl, toss the shrimp with the sesame oil, cornstarch and white pepper. Massage the cornstarch onto the shrimp so they are evenly coated. Clean the sugar snap peas, snip off the stringy ends and slice them into thirds.
- Heat up the canola oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add the ginger into the oil. When the ginger starts to brown, about 30 seconds, add the shrimp and start to stir -fry. When the shrimp start to curl up and turn pink, about 1 minute in, add both types of peas and continue to stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the Shaoxing wine and soy sauce to the wok, cook for 10 seconds and add salt to taste.
- Plate the shrimp. Add fresh lemon zest all over, and it’s ready to serve.