- 1 small papaya, seeded, cubed
- 2 mangos, cubed
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 (6-ounce) pieces halibut fillet, skin removed
- To make the Papaya Salsa: In a large bowl, combine papaya, mangos, jalapeño, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to chill in the refrigerator.
- For the Halibut: Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat with coconut oil.
- Sear halibut for about 3 minutes, or longer depending on thickness. Turn fish over and sear for an additional 3 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 135F.
- Squeeze lime juice over the fish and transfer to a plate. Top with Papaya Salsa.