- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- 4 pickled jalapeño peppers, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped + more for garnish
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- ½ cup cotija cheese, crumbled + more for garnish
- ½ avocado, chopped or sliced
- Fill a large bowl with ice cold water, set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add beans and simmer until they turn bright green, crisp tender, about 1-2 minutes.
- Drain and add cooked beans to the bowl of ice cold water. Drain beans when cooled.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, onions, jalapeños, oregano, cilantro, and salt.
- In a large bowl, add beans, bell pepper, cheese, and avocado.
- Stir in dressing and mix well.
- Garnish with additional cotija and cilantro. Serve chilled.